tHIS IS MY TIME TO SHINE
tHIS IS MY TIME TO SHINE
trainer is british english for tennis shoe. also i was just looking through my followers list for mutuals and to be completely honest i don’t know anything about you???? just that we’re mutuals.
i assumed it was trainers for the skeleton war.
well now u know junk abt me. wELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. real talk tho im p sure i followed u bc of eli??? i can’t remember anymore all i know is that we’re mutuals now and that’s frien d in my book ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ
Mark’s looking like Maes Hughes more and more each day
The resemblance is uncanny
BOYS AND GIRLS OF EVERY AGE
[SMASHES THROUGH YOUR WINDOW]
WOULDN’T YOU LIKE TO SEE SOMETHING STRANGE
[PUNCHES A WALL]
COME WITH US AND YOU WILL SEE
[BREAKS ALL OF YOUR ANTIQUE PHOTOS]
THIS OUR TOWN OF HALLOWEEN
Someone at the Wisconsin Humane Society is really good at naming cats.
Kiki’s Delivery Service Trailer
ALREADY IN TEARS
I AM SO EXCITE
WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT
OH MY GOD
comic about how I’ve been feeling recently
If any of my followers are feeling like this, message me. We can talk :)
hello friends this is a symptom of depression.
This is so on point
#and I just don’t feel entitled to someone else’s life’s work.
That comment exactly!! It’s not mine and I can survive without it, so I will.
This is why honey is not vegan.
The problem here is that honey, especially if you buy it ethically from an apiarist, isn’t actually detrimental to the well-being of the bee or the hive. In the wild, honey is used as a food stock, but in a domesticated honeybee colony, the bees are fed quite well, and so the honey is a surplus.
The alternatives, like sugar, relies on monocrops in third world countries, with transient labour. Growing up, there was a sugarcane field by my house, and I’m sure the Haitian men who worked backbreaking hours hacking a machete through knife-bladed leaves in 40 degree heat for a couple dollars a day would have traded a testicle to be a Canadian honeybee. Stevia’s going the same way, iirc.
Additionally, apiarists are actually huge proponents and activists for sustainable bee-keeping, and it’s estimated that the domesticated hive may be the last great hope for declining populations, because we can optimize their chances for survival.
It’s their life’s work, sure, but it’s not the death of them to use it responsibly.
literally read anything about the history of sugarcane and the cuban sugar industry if you think sugar is or ever has been more ethical than honey
Not the heroes we thought we needed but the heroes we really needed all along
Let’s just appreciate the fact that Storm has BOTH Princes of Asgard crushing on her extra hard.
I SHIP IT!!!!!!!!!!😁❤❤❤❤
"What’s a Wheezy?"…"The thing Harry Potter will miss most, sir!”
i did one for ginny and now finally have done one for ron
this could have been so much longer
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 92 Truths about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
WHAT WAS YOUR:
1. last beverage = arizona Iced Tea
2. last phone call = w/ my mom regarding my doctor’s appointment tomorrow.
3. last text message = Uuuhhh does kik count bc if so its “big bara baby man/aINT NPTHIN GONNA TAKE U DOWN.” don’t look at me
4. last song you listened to = Feuer Frei - Rammstein
5. last time you cried = when Chris came home.
HAVE YOU EVER:
6. dated someone twice = nah
7. been cheated on = ye
8. kissed someone & regretted it = hell ye
9. lost someone special = yes
10. been depressed = currently.
11. been drunk and threw up = hell nah. having an alcohol allergy/intolerance helps.
LIST THREE FAVORITE COLORS:
sea green, mint green, lilac.
IN THE LAST YEAR, HAVE YOU:
15. Made a new friend = yes
16. Fallen out of love = yes??? I think so.
17. Laughed until you cried = no.
18. Met someone who changed you = not that I can remember. which probably means no.
19. Found out who your true friends are = ??????? I was aware before this year????
20. Found out someone was talking about you = yes
21. Kissed anyone on your FB friend’s list= almost. But like almost in the sense that the last person on my FB friend’s list that I smooched was Eli but that was over a year ago so?????
59. Eating = nothin’
60. Drinking = still iced tea
61. I’m about to = take the cookie out the oven
62. Listening to = still rammstein.
63. Waiting for = mom to come home so we can decide wht to have for dinner bc nothing got taken out.
64. Want kids? = i would like babies. but like. babby animals. just babby animals.
65. Get Married? = Idk???? Maybe. Depends who it is.
66. Career? = I wanna be a vet but lol with what money.
WHICH IS BETTER:
67. Lips or eyes = eyes
68. Hugs or kisses = platonic smooches are the best.
69. Shorter or taller = does nto matter. u could be a giant but if u cute im still gonna be like ‘yoooooooooo’
70. Older or Younger = older
71. Romantic or spontaneous = ??????? idk???????????????
72. Nice stomach or nice arms = tummy uvu
73. Sensitive or loud = sensitive.
74. Hook-up or relationship = relationship but w/ me more like relationshit
75. Trouble maker or hesitant = both????? depends on the situation.
HAVE YOU EVER:
76. Kissed a stranger = no
77. Drank hard liquor = yes. immediate regret followed w/ a massive headache
78. Lost glasses/contacts = no
79. Sex on first date = no
80. Broke someone’s heart = p sure no
81. Had your own heart broken = ye
82. Been arrested = nah
83. Turned someone down = yes
84. Cried when someone died = yes
85. Fallen for a friend = that is literally how i form attraction to other people so ye. hell ye.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
86. Yourself = mostly no
87. Miracles = no
88. Love at first sight = no
89. Heaven = no
90. Santa Claus = no
91. Kiss on the first date = maybe if u cute enough
92. Angels = no
(tag 25 people)
fuck you i dont even know 25 people
This perfectly summarizes why I love the Simpsons and hate Family Guy.
I watched that episode with my family and I could just feel how uncomfortable everyone was. Honestly, it was a really jarring, unpleasant episode.
Homer is a terrible dad. So is Peter. But Homer’s saving grace has always been that he tries—he’s bad at it and he fucks it up a lot, but he loves his family and he wants to be better than he is.
One of my favorite Homer moments is in “Diatribe of a Mad Housewife.” Tl;dr Marge writes a steamy romance novel starring herself and Ned, and when Homer finds out, he chases down Ned and, rather than attack him, asks him to teach him how to be a better husband.
There’s some part of his stupid self that wants to do better.
I never got that impression with Peter. Instead, the family has gotten more and more abusive towards Meg. It’s really unsettling for me when I started realizing that’s what happens sometimes in abusive families. Abusers sometimes single out one child to abuse, and quite often the other family members take the abuser’s side. After all, it’s easier to side with an abuser than to run the risk of becoming the target yourself.
There’s never really a point where it seems like Peter cares at all that his shitty behavior impacts his family. It actually seems to have gotten worse over the years. He expects everyone to clean up his messes because that’s always what happens; there’s really no reason for him not to be shitty.
And it’s easy to see how Meg is affected. She doesn’t have much of a character, really, because so much her screen time is devoted to being abused. The bits of character development all seem to hinge on her being this sad, neglected person who’s trying her best but never really gets any help from anyone. Quite the opposite; there have been a lot of episodes where her family sabotages any attempts to be herself.
It can be easy to forget how awful this behavior is when the only context is the show itself (frankly, everyone on Family Guy is kind of terrible). Seeing it played against the Simpsons, who are a flawed and dysfunctional but ultimately loving family, was painful to watch.